TERMS & CONDITIONS
CONDITIONS OF THE RAILWAY TRANSPORT CONTRACT
- PERURAIL: Transportation company.
- CLIENT: Transported client being an adult or child.
- TICKET: Client Ticket / Receipt for purchasing the transportation service.
- Upon purchasing the ticket, the client accepts all present terms and conditions.
- No agent, employee or representative is allowed to partially or totally correct, modify, restrict or supplement the terms of this contract.
- The ticket is personal and is non-transferable and cannot be repurchased by a third person.
- PERURAIL will undertake with his best efforts to take the client and his baggage with reasonable celerity careful attention and efficiency. Hours shown on timetable or elsewhere are not guaranteed.
- The present contract of carriage is subject to Peruvian Legislation, especially the General Regulation of Railways rules, its amendments and related norms.
- Each client must present the ticket and identification when boarding the train. In case of children, present the yellow national identity card, alien resident card or passport. In case the children do not have any identity card and they are traveling with adults, PERURAIL will presume that all data provided by the adult is true. PERURAIL reserves the right to check the ticket prior departure and during the trip.
- If the Client refuses to show a valid identity document, in order to verify the ticket information, he or she will be disembarked or will not be allowed to board. The right of reimbursement will be lost.
- PERURAIL is not responsible, if the client is refused access to the purchased train service due to incomplete or missing proof of personal documentation, before, along or after the trip.
- PERURAIL reserves the right to restrict the use of its services to persons whose health condition is delicate or inadequate to make the trip, as well as women with advanced pregnancies (equal or greater than seven months.
- PERURAIL is not responsible for the health or physical condition of the Customer or any accident or problem that may happen as a result of their condition.
- Ticket Purchase by Web.- In order to protect our users of potential mechanisms of electronic fraud, the purchases of ticket through the web page www.perurail.com, are subject ADDITIONALLY to the following terms and conditions:
a. The passenger has the obligation to present the credit card used to buy the ticket by the web before boarding as well as the identity document of whoever was the holder of the card used to make the operation by web, in the following cases: (i) When the data of the 3-D security protocol has not been entered (for example, programs such as “Verified By Visa” in the case of the Visa cards or the ”Secure Code” in the case of the MasterCard cards); or, (ii) In the cases that, even having used the 3-D security protocol, Perurail’s web system requires to exhibit the credit card as condition for the ticket’s purchase.
The presentation of the passenger, before boarding, shall be made in any of Perurail’s attention point AND SHALL SERVE TO VALIDATE THE SALE OF TICKET; ONCE IT IS VALIDATED, THE TICKETS SHALL BE DELIVERED TO THE CLIENT(S). For this purpose, Perurail’s web system shall offer an address where the available attention points shall be located. Except if Perurail’s web system indicates otherwise, the passenger shall go to any of the following attention points:
- Larcomar, shopping mal, located in Malecón de La Reserva610, Stand 11, District of Miraflores, Lima.
- Jorge Chávez International Airport ,, located in the domestic flights stand, second floor, between doors 13 and 14, Callao
- Velasco Astete, Airport, located in Cusco.
- Wanchaq train station, located in Cusco.
- Poroy train station, located in Poroy, w/n Cusco.
- Ollantaytambo train station, located in located in the district of Ollantaytambo w/n Cusco; and,
- Machu Picchu train station, located in Machu Picchu , town of Aguas Calientes , Cusco.
If the passenger is not able to present him/herself personally at least 72 hours before boarding and showing his/her credit card used to make the operation by web, as well as his/her Passport or identity document, the passenger has the option to send the mentioned format later on in the “Note” and follow the instructions herein indicated.
b. In case the passenger: (i) being obliged to present his/her credit card according to what is indicated in the previous paragraph, refrains to do so, or (ii) presenting it, the data in it differs from the data entered by filling the purchase date done through the web www.perurail.com, Perurail SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOID THIS PURCHASE. IN THIS CASE, THE PASSENGER SHALL ONLY TAKE THE TRAIN SERVICE IF HE/SHE BUYS A NEW TICKET.
The purchase of the new ticket of the specific service used for the train transportation shall be subject to availability. In that sense, Perurail is not responsible in case there is no availability of tickets or the specific service desired by passenger.
ACCORDING TO WHAT IS INDICATED IN THE PARAGRAPHS 'A' and 'B', the delivery of the ticket purchsed requires previous PERURAIL’s validation. consequently, a ticket without the previous validation of perurail gives no right whatsoever to get on board the train nor does it oblige perurail to make the transportation service.
c. In the cases expressed in previous paragraphs ‘a’ or ‘b’ , the presentation of the identity document of the person that shall take the service shall also be required. The lack of presentation of the identity document or the lack of coincidence of the data contained in the identity document with the ones indicated for the ticket purchase can be, at Perurail’s criterion, a cause to void the ticket sale.
THE PASSENGER OR CLIENT ACCEPTS THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, RELEASING PERURAIL FROM ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN CASE ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED EVENTS OCCURS.
Baggage carriage Conditions
- The travel ticket, allows the transport clients and their hand luggage (01 bag or backpack) with a weight of no more than 05kg/11lb and with a maximum size of 62 linear inches/157 cm (length + height + width ), with the cars intended for this purpose. THE BLOCKADE OF THE OUTPUT IS PROHIBITED BY LAW. It is only allowed to transport large mass luggage in the case of trains which have a hold baggage; subject to the Conditions identified by PERURAIL.
- The customer can hand carry a reasonable amount of medicines and personal items.
- Before listing any item in your hand luggage, please make sure they are permitted by PERURAIL.
- PERURAIL will charge a supplementary fee for excess baggage except if for reasons of availability of space, the excess cannot be transported, and may use a different transport rate for shipping.
- It is recommended that the Customer not include any item of value (money, jewelry, and so on) Fragile or delicate objects. PERURAIL is not responsible for loss or breakage, and will not make any compensation.
- Any claim about the baggage must be done immediately after the arrival of the train to the station.
- When operational or technical reasons require PERURAIL to relocate its customers to a service or a different frequency, PERURAIL will do its best efforts to contact and make arrangements possible. In case of major force acts, or Acts of God, PERURAIL will not be responsible for them and seek to make arrangements to which they are entitled.
Smoking on Board
Special conditions in case of misfortune
- According to the Peruvian Regulation (Law Nª 25357), it is prohibited to smoke on board.
- Smoking in lavatories or elsewhere is prohibited.
- In case of stolen or loss ticket, PERURAIL will be able to issue a new ticket with the payment of the corresponding fee in advance. This procedure must be done at least 60 minutes before the departure of the train: otherwise that client will lose the hired service.
- If any previous means of transport used by the customer is delayed due to bad weather conditions, PERURAIL will verify the event and will offer the possibility to change the date of travel, depending on availability in the same service purchased and without any extra cost to the client, but will not refund any ticket.
Release of Liabilities
- The departures exposed to change due to weather conditions, technical reasons, road conditions or acts of God.
- PERURAIL assumes no liability or responsibility for any reasonably necessary or inevitable changes or delays, before or after onset of contracted services, and the result of action, omission or any other act, event or circumstance unexpected or unpredictable is beyond the control of PERURAIL.
- PERURAIL assumes no responsibility for personal injuries or baggage damage or delays in the deliverance of it, when such changes or delays are a result of situations beyond the control of PERURAIL and/or any supplier. In cases where circumstances demand it, PERURAIL may, without previous warning, substitute the means of transportation for an alternative or complementary one, without assuming responsibility. PERURAIL may, without notice, substitute alternate transport and may alter and omit stopping places and timings shown in ticket or timetable. In case of necessity, schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Weather conditions, natural disasters and/or mechanical failures, or any fortuitous cause beyond the control of PERURAIL can produce delays and/or non-schedule stops. PERURAIL has no obligation and is not responsible if the delay and/or non-scheduled stop or stops are beyond PERURAIL control.
- If once the service given by PERURAIL is initiated and for any reason is not completed, PERURAIL must give facilities to the client, such as an alternative transportation, for him/her to be able to conclude the trip at no additional cost or, according to circumstances return to the starting point, with no responsibility of PERURAIL.
- If the Client, without an existent or imminent situation of danger, for any cause and/or reason, decides to disembark from the train before the final destination, it will be under his/her own risk and responsibility. On the other hand, If any other complementary or different form of transportation is provided by PERURAIL to ensure that the client is transported without delay or danger, and the client, in disagreement, decides to continue the journey by his/her own means this will be done under the client’s own risk, responsibility and cost, without any liability to PERURAIL.
- Due to any incident, contingency or situation described in conditions one to six of the present paragraph, PERURAIL has no obligation to assume any kind of responsibility to Customer or others for delays or failure to make connections with other kind of transport, or not fulfill or meet adequately the obligations and duties, respectively, agreed with hotels, restaurants or commitments in general agreed with any person, entity or company, no matter its social or object rotation.
Conditions for Train Tickets’ Reimbursements
- Only If there is a cancellation of a service by decision of the Operator, the client for whom a ticket was issued, has the right to claim for the total refund of the amount paid. This will be possible only by showing the original ticket.
- Clients not showing up for any scheduled services, at the train station, or any intermediate train stations, WILL AUTOMATICALLY LOSE ALL THE RIGHTS OVER THE PURCHASE OF THE TICKET. In this case, reimbursement will not be possible.
- In case the client declares the intention to cancel, rescheduling or rearranging the service, it has to be done at least 24 hours in advance from the scheduled service date and time, at the Operator’s sales office. Changes are subject to availability. Petitions for refund of paid amounts have to be done with the same anticipation. Requirements for cancellations, rescheduling or refunds will have a penalty of 10 % of the original paid amount, and will be done at the sales office in Pachacuteq Avenue, Wanchaq Train Station, Cusco.
- PERURAIL reserves the right to refuse to transport any client who has acquired a ticked in an illicit way or has an illegal, damaged ticket which is in any way a violation of the law or the rules and regulations settled by PERURAIL, or to any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or in any way not eligible for transportation, or potentially dangerous to himself and/or any other clients. In addition, PERURAIL reserves the right to deny transportation to any person selling products or goods without proof of proper PERURAIL authorization.
- PERURAIL reserves the right to check physically all baggage which could indicates some form of threat or danger to its clients and workers.
- The following persons or objects shall be rejected for transportation:
- Clients found under the effects of toxic substances, alcohol, drugs or other substances.
- Clients whose physical condition or health condition is not compatible with the trip.
- Weapons, munitions, explosives, flammable substances or any other object that supposes any danger for the passenger, the crew or the load.
- Clients tranporting any object mentioned in the previous paragraphs.
- Objects and/or animals that produce any discomfort to the passengers due to their size, volume, weight or other characteristics or which block the transportation in the wagons or that constitute an obstacle for an evacuation in case of emergency.
- Make your ticket reservation in PeruRail.com. It is easy, convenient and SAFE.
- We always use the highest international safety standards and certifications.
- We use SSL technology with a certified supplier.
- All the information entered in our system is strictly confidential.
What security measure has PeruRail.com undertaken?
We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, which ensures both the authenticity of our site and the encoding of all the information you provide.
Every time you purchase a ticket at PeruRail.com and provide information of a personal nature, no matter where you are, your browser will connect to our site via the SSL protocol, which affirms that you are really at PeruRail.com and using our servers (which will be made apparent through the appearance of the HTTPS code in the address bar of your browser). This way, a method of encoding your information and a unique session password are established. This technology allows your personal information (such as your name, address and credit card information) to be encoded prior to your transaction, so that it cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
All SSL certificates are created for a particular server, at a specific domain and for an established commercial entity. PeruRail uses a server certified by Verisign.
What information does PeruRail.com ask for?
- Information required for the purchase of a ticket: first name, surname, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the information needed with respect to the chosen form of payment.
- All information entered at PeruRail.com is strictly confidential.
- All contents are owned by PeruRail and hence are protected by worldwide copyright laws. The information on our website has been prepared to provide information about PeruRail and the products and services it offers on the Internet and by other means. You may use the information on our site solely for non-commercial purposes, and any use or modification of the website contents is not permitted.
- The information provided on PeruRail.com has been gathered from internal and external sources and in all cases the content is intended to be the most recent possible. Nevertheless, it is inevitable that some out-of-date and incomplete information could appear. For this reason we recommend that you confirm all information before making use of it. For this we suggest contacting the nearest PeruRail office. PeruRail.com would also appreciate it if you would contact us to inform us of errors or failures you've encountered.
- Our website often refers to other websites, but PeruRail.com takes no responsibility for the content of those sites.
- All links to other sites are solely to provide better information to our customers. All products and services offered on this site are subject to the Terms and Conditions listed on each site. We suggest you read these in detail.
- The fares and prices on our website are only guaranteed for tickets and packages purchased there, and are not necessarily available for purchase elsewhere, such as from travel agencies or PeruRail offices.
- Any problem or doubt regarding the validity, application or interpretation of the information available on our website shall be resolved by the courts of justice of Lima, Peru, in accordance with Peruvian Law. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, should litigation be necessary PeruRail reserves the right to take the case to court in the client's home country and in accordance with the laws applicable to this promotion in said jurisdiction.
After the online payment procedure, and in case you are not required to go to one of PERURAIL’s attention points available, Peru Rail’s reservation system will issue an e-ticket that is required to be printed; you will need that e-ticket to board the train, as well as your identification document or passport.